Your personal information is at a very high risk of getting leaked. Sites now-a-days ask you to sign up to get access, but some of them misuse this information. As a result, security risks and hacking incidents have become way more common than what it previously was. Just Googling a person’s name can give you way more personal information than necessary. So, be very careful of where you put your personal details into. You must be aware of the legal charges against the people search website, Spokeo.
Apparently, the site adds too much of private information like photos of residences, financial status, etc. to the user’s profile which might lead to identity theft. The Federal Trade Commission has also fined the company $800,000 for selling information to HR depts. For employment screening purposes without the consent of the user. So, if you want to opt out of this federal mess and are wondering how to remove information from Spokeo, then we will help you out. We will help you remove your information from Spokeo…
How to remove information from Spokeo?
- Open the URL of Spokeo on your browser.
- In the Search tab, add your name, place of residence and state. Click on search.
- You will see several results. Look for the appropriate result among the list of profiles and expand it to find more details. You might also have more than one listings under your name.
- On clicking on the listing, you can find details about yourself. But the entire profile will not be accessible unless you pay for it.
- Copy the URL of this page by clicking on the address bar of the browser and selecting ‘Copy URL’ after right-clicking on the link.
- Spokeo has got its opt-out page. Go to this page on a separate browser and paste the URL that you copied in the previous step.
- Go to the next tab and enter your email address in the specified space. Spokeo will send a confirmation of removing your profile details to this email id. But if you don’t think that this is a good idea, you can create a fake email id and add it to the tab.
- Enter the CAPTCHA code mentioned just below the tab.
- Click on “Remove this listing.” You will then receive a message as “Please check your email for further instructions.”
- Go to the email id that you specified above and search for the mail regarding confirmation of profile removal from Spokeo. If you have received such a mail then voila! You are out of the Spokeo search engine!
After following the above steps, your details and information will be removed from the site. But this may take up to 24 hours. Sometimes, it is removed immediately but sometimes it takes a bit longer. If you had multiple listings on Spokeo under your name,
then repeat the above-mentioned steps for each of the listings to remove yourself completely from Spokeo.
I hope you have now got your answer to ‘how to remove information from Spokeo’…
- Funny Facebook Status Clever Status – Facebook Status Updates
- Best Attitude Bio for Instagram To Get 1 Million Followers
- Funny Love Status For Whatsapp in Hindi & Whatsapp Status in English
- 12 Best Free Beat Making Software For PC Turn Your Music Director!